Aerotek Chicago...totally unethical.
Brware of this agency.
Hired by Aerotek for a temp-to-perm job at a large financial institution as an administrative assistant. Was on the job for 22 months and there was no permanent job to be had - the position I was in had only been staffed by temps for years prior to my being placed in the position and I was replaced by another temp.
I've worked for a lot of temp agencies over time and this company is totally unethical. Not only do you not get paid holidays or any accrued vacation time based on number of hours worked (read your contract carefully because they will "mislead" you during your interview), but sometimes they neglect to pay you. When they do neglect to pay you, it can take days of phone work trying to reach a person (in my experience, they don't respond to voice mail messages) and sometimes it takes over a week to get your missing pay, but only if you manage to reach a human so keep trying. Even calling their corporate headquarters in MD will only get you voice mail and your calls aren't returned.
Aerotek exploits the unemployed in these hard times by paying slave wages and dodging any contact with you, their employee, once they place you at a job. Most "quality" agencies offer paid holidays and accrued vacation time after you work a certain number of hours. Aerotek will tell you that they do, but if you carefully read the contract, there is no mention of it.
If you decide that a low paying job with no benefits or perks is better than no job (that's the position I was in when hired by Aerotek), be aware up front that you will never receive holiday pay, accrue vacation time or get a raise.
Find another agency, one that respects their employees and treats you with dignity.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "We went through a tough few months back in 2007 and 2008 when some of our clients decided they couldnâ€™t pay us, didnâ€™t want to pay us and were slow..."
- "They came to move some couches and tore them trying to force them through the door. They did not know what they where doing even though they told me these..."
- "Hi, its been 60 days that full and final settlement is pending for me when I had released back the maid in 1st week of October. Koosh just takes customer for granted. Beware..."
- "I ordered a pair of black onesie pajamas from this company on November 12. I received the pajamas, washed them as recommended and wore them a total of THREE..."
- "I bought what I thought was an authentic Chanel purse & I received a knock off. I was insulted that the *** shop owner from 2HAUTE2HANDLE thought they could slip..."
- "Purchased two bedrooms of carpeting, sales guy convinced me to buy a more expensive carpet because I have a dog and this more expensive carpet would not stain. He lied,..."
- "The first time that I resided with CLV, it was great. Then, I moved (at the same time that the property manager was switched out) and it all went down..."
- "This was at 109 Patrick st plaza charleston wv. I went in at 1:20pm today (2/8/16) and ordered a zesty bread. I proceeded to give her a 5$ bill after..."
- "Gearbest. Its Chunese new year, so, before uve even mentioned my issue its unlikely to get any attention regardless. Received a Lenovo k80m smartphone with preinstalled trojans and malware which..."