Show reviews that mention
job recruiter people position interview week office phone jobs experience
Filter review

AEROTEK DENVER LIED TO ME!

I went to Aerotek in Denver to apply for a job several weeks ago. The Aerotek recruiter said I would be perfect for the job opening and sent me to an interview where upon completion of the interview the HR person said I was "hired." Aerotek had me come in to complete the paperwork for the job and then said I would start on a specific date and the recruiter wold call me back with the time to report and where. The recruiter never called me back! I called the Aerotek recruiter dozens of times but the recruiter never answered her phone nor returned my calls. I went to Aerotek Denver's office twice and was told the recruiter was not in the office at the time though I saw her there myself! She was hiding from me! The receptionist then told me I had not pay some fees for employment to Aerotek. I told her there are no fees! Aerotek said they do not charge fees! Aerotek has never returned my calls or told me what is going on. Is this some employment scam? Is Aerotek trying to extort money from me?

I got a job through aerotek. i had no problems interviewing and i was hired on by one of the companies aerotek represents.

The problems started when i received my first paycheck.

They were paying me less than what i had agreed upon. I brought this to the attention of my recruiter and the company i was working with. Even though they all knew what was going on it took them an entire month to fix my rate issue. At that point i wasn't paid any of the back pay that i had missed out on (it was several hundred dollars).

I should have quit then but i figured it was just an innocent mistake. Now i stopped receiving a paycheck all together, i've called aerotek non-stop and they told me they were working on it. I worked for 3 weeks without pay and then let the company i was contracted with know that i could no longer work there because of nonpayment. (they notified me that all of my hours had been reported to aerotek as usual) It took Aerotek an entire month to "re-cut" one check as they put it, they then blamed all of my pay problems on the US mail.

I'm still waiting on the rest of my pay and now i have an open case with the colorado department of labor. If you want to be paid for the work you do, steer clear of Aerotek.

These guys lure you in, and try to set up with jobs, that no one wants!!!! Once you decline the job they automatically stop responding.

I told her exactly what I was looking for, yet she kept pushing other areas I didn't want. Your better off finding a job by yourself!!!!

FYI, these guys really have no formal training, for the majority of the recruiters, it's their first job out of college. You may have a good experience with some, a bad one with others.

Their biggest fault is their level of consistency. This is a for profit organization, it is in the recruiter's best interest to satisfy their customer, not you. Their recruiter attrition retention rate is extremely high.

On behalf of someone who once represented the Aerotek name, I apologize. Odds are their former recruiters/sales staff despise the company more than you do.

I have been run around by them as well. I am currently contracted by them.

I had a recruiter that took a month plus to give me the date to start. She found me a job a hour + away from me when I had specifically discussed where I could or couldn't work. Was told well just take this job while I find you another one. I had not heard from her for over a month.

Calling, emailing etc. found out she no longer worked there. I never received an email or phone call letting me know or even telling me who my new contact was. Come to find out what she had told me isn't their policy.

Once you are placed you are placed. Finally got my new contact and have tried several times to contact him an have only received one email in the past two months. Now I've been getting paid every Wednesday since June and suddenly my paycheck isn't here this morning. I called to see what was going on.

Was told well you should budget for Fridays.

Um excuse me why don't you admit you guys messed up and we won't get it Til Friday! I find this place very irresponsible!

These guys are gutless clowns. I too was told everything looked great after a first interview, and then a second interview.

Then...just like the rest of these people, couldnt get them on the phone. They dodged my phone calls and ignored my messages. What a joke.

If Joe or Ty from aerotek calls you...RUN the other way. Theyll only waste your time.

@PissedConsumer548194

Lol gutless clown

PLEASE come forward so that we can help put a stop to this activity. You can email me at co_unemployment@***.com or call 720-270-****. PLEASE let me know if you are willing to tell your story to a reporter - your identity can remain anonymous.

I've had no problems at all, got great attention from the Aerotek recruiter and was hired. Started last week, and love it.

Almost all of my coworkers started there with Aerotek and were hired by the company after a few months, if they were good employees, that is. And no, I'm not an Aerotek employee, just someone who had the qualifications and interviewing skills to get a job.

Another "new hire" here quit the old job, showed up to start and sent home cuz the client not ready. ?

On hold here still by my contact. What the *** is going on?

if he was a creeper and a stalker they would have called the cops.

View more comments (15)
ID
#219304 Review #219304 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Louisville, Colorado
Aerotek Recruiter
I received a phone call from an Aerotek office that I have been in contact with for employment for awhile. Recruiter told me he had a good fit for a position at a company that was my #1 hopeful for employment. I said,"sending my resume via email" to him. I...

Good deal!!! I'm glad you fired your recruiter.

Hillsboro, Oregon
I registered with Aerotek, two hours later had an interview, thirty minutes later had an offer. I was so stoked! Worked my butt off at a job I loved for four months, my manager advised me they were going to hire me in, the next day my Aerotek rep called me to advise...

Aerotek can't be full of ***. Aerotek doesn't breath, eat, sleep, think or care.

Aerotek is a company but the people have the ability to be full of *** or not.

Some of the people are full of *** and some really care about you as a person. But Aerotek, just like the Government is an inanimate organization not to be confused with an animate organism; capable of giving a ***.

Tiffin, Ohio
I have 7 of Staffing industry experience, starting from a recruiter all the way on up to working at Corporate office for a competitor of Aerotek. I worked for 2 other Agencies in the same capacity. Recently Aerotek in Omaha NE had an opening for a Recruiter, I applied...

Aerotek has never returned my calls or told me what is going on.

Is this some employment scam? Is Aerotek trying to extort money from me?

Memphis, Tennessee
Aerotek Recruiter

Aerotek of indianapolis lied to me.

I registered with AEROTEK of Indianapolis while I was employed full time earning a decent wage. The staffing agent notified me that there was a job opening with a local company in a department that would enable me to apply the knowledge of fourteen years of experience with accounts payable. I was told, by the staffing agent, that the opening in question required immediate placement and to begin the following day. I requested that I be allowed the traditional submission of a two-week notice to the employer.The staffing agent stated that the position required that I begin a.s.a.p., so therefore, I left the job on which I depended to earn a decent living and looked forward to working in a field in which I posses a great deal of knowledge and experience. The job I left was simple to perform, a warehouse job, where I was performing the most basic of tasks. This job was, quite simply, a way to help make ends' meet. Two days into the new job, assignment or whatever one would like to classify the position, I was notified by the department head that I would not need to report for work the following day. Upon hearing this, I notified the staffing agent for the reason why I was fired. The staffing agent admitted that she failed to inform me that the position was a managerial position,for which I posses no employment history, nor made any false claims of such qualifications.As a result of her dereliction of duty, I was promised another position with another local company. However, how wrong this person was!!! I am now unemployed, looking for employment along with the rest of the world, registering with one employment agency after another, submitting resumes, dealing with one scam after another, living each day in the false hope that I will find employment soon before I go POSTAL on this "person"- all because the staffing agent and AEROTEK failed to ascertained the fact that the position was an managerial position.

The same thing is happening to me. I left a permanent position to accept a job that paid more with Aerotek.

They had me sign this contract that the position started on a particular day. I turned in my 2.week's notice to my perm job and the now its 4 weeks later after I left my job and they are telling me the client keeps pushing back the date. I don't beleive that. So here I am unemployed.

I was making 13/hr and left for a position that said to have made 19/hr.

I'm going to loose my rental house for this. I did all this so I could buy a home and get off food stamps.

Aerotek is awful. I dealt with a particularly vicious little number named christina pak.

Very condescending, treated everyone like they were fools. Ended up having my contract not renewed. Only problem was, they gave me zero notice.

I received a phone call and was told not to come in the next day and nothing else was available. They are inhuman and do not treat people with the decency they expect to be treated with (if you're going to quit, they want 2 weeks notice, of course lol).

I have never had an issue with Aerotek, what so ever. I've worked for them for two years now. and they are wonderful employers.

Why haven't you filed a lawsuit?

@PissedConsumer309642

lawsuits make the world go around...

CONTACT:Hey, I want to talk to you guys about what happened. You'll understand why when you give me a call.

View more comments (5)
ID
#212029 Review #212029 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Indianapolis, Indiana

Unprofessional aerotek ryan horton and trevor associate

Was brushed off and insulted by recruiter/ unprofessional ryan horton whom rarely returned my calls, told me inaccurate information pertaining to job start dates, and Mr. Horton also seems to get offended with contacting other recruiters relative towards other positions. If Ryan does return a call it's 2 weeks later and at the end of business day on Friday. His responses are "What's going on now, what's the problem now, you've talked to every other associate in my office." In a inclined tone with sighs. I am only trying to pursue occupation/employment, I am directed to his associate/ aka partner in crime- Trevor and he has me on speaker phone while ryan is immaturely yelling in background like an adolescent child. I asked for the contact to corporate and Trevor refused to assist. Good luck working with such professionally inclined people.

You never say what city or state this Ryan and Trevor are working w/ Aerotek... not that it matters greatly. It would just be better information for people reading this to know which office you were going to.

CONTACT:

Bradenton, Florida

Pissed person

chadd balbi of aerotek in horsham is full of it he tell u false info about a job and when go to the job for interview u find out something totally different plus he plays the phone game ignores calls he will be sitting @ desk and want pick up his own coworker will said he right at desk than he try to give u the messed up jobs instead of the ones your quatified for if you read this chadd your a bull sh..... and what goes around comes around i learnt that some of the recruiters or no good

This is Chadd Balbi. Sorry that you were not happy with your experience.

I always have the best intentions for my clients and contractors. If you felt differently, I apologize.

I dont know if Chad is to blame. You seem like you wouldnt be placeable at even the lowest level of jobs. Maybe you look in the mirror rather then at others

I thought Aerotek worked with skilled and educated people, so why is your spelling so horrible? I wouldn't want to try to place someone who couldn't even spell.

What a *** bag!

ID
#205691 Review #205691 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Malvern, Pennsylvania

Have An Interveiw Today!

I actually have an interveiw lined up for today at Aerotek in Mason, OH. Can anybody tell me about the branches in Mason? The recruiter, Renee Kitchen seems very unprofessional, she never answers her phone, or is always out to lunch. I just called and cancelled in fact, and she didnt answer, again. I left her a voicemail saying that i found another job, and start tomorrow. HAH! Thanks for the heads up everybody! How is it that EVERBODY in the Aerotek company is ***? i really dont understand. Im reading articles from people in Texas, and Florida and stuff, and they are *** EVERYWHERE. Thats pretty low of a company. I bet they all go out and burn churches after screwing over innocent people like us.

Aerotek is the most unethical company on the planet.

yes skip the interview and take yourself out of sight for over 75% of the fortune 500 list since those are the companies asking aerotek to find them qualified employees. way to go you showed them!!! :)

Glad you find a REAL job and avoided wasting time with those LOSERS!

It's not that they all suck, its that a lot of the people just don't receive the training they should.

And, obviously, even if a vast, vast majority of people are happy with the jobs Aerotek has found them, they're not going to go posting about how great it is on "pissedconsumer.com."

Finally, of course she misses your phone calls... she's a recruiter. It's her job to be on the phone. It's also not her place to find you a job... you might have to come to grips with the fact that people sometimes have priorities that are different than yours.

But yeah... you really showed her! Skip the interview and remove yourself from contention for a potential position! That'll teach her.

#205174

dont do it, if its the company in luxocittica they are trying to send you to, that is a revolving door.

#204522

Burn churches? Why would she call back if you cancel same day on her and have another job lined up? Think again on who is unprofessional canceling a meeting right before you go.

View more comments (5)
ID
#204290 Review #204290 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Washington, District Of Columbia
Aerotek Recruiter
I showed up for the first day of work, and found out it was a cattle call with 30 or 40 other people. The 90 days turned into 180, then i was let go, I had started in Feburary, and was let go in November, right before the holidays. Great people those Aerotek folk. ...

I've told my story over and over again. What I really should be doing is getting my resume out...

I've got a stellar resume, lots of awards, worked for one of the premier Fortune 10 companies for most of my career, wonderful appraisals, etc., etc..

In spite of my outstanding record, I was let go from my Government job a year ago, when the agency I was working for came under a lot of fire for alleged scandals. Congress cut the budget by about a third. I felt really depressed about my situation. I had loved my job, was good at it (according to all my appraisals).

In three and a half years, I had won several formal awards, including a deputy commissioner award. After this debacle, I was eager to move from D.C. back to the West coast, where all of my relatives are.

Enter stage left a small placement firm.

They placed me at Farmers Insurance in a C2H situation, telling me, at the interview, which was more like a recruiting call than an interview, that I could probably expect to be made a permanent employee after six months, at the end of my term. It really sounded too good to be true, and I now realize it was too good to be true.

What is it about me that I fall for every scam in the book? So I went to work for Farmers.

I thought that Farmers was on the up and up. The job was right up my alley, lots of fun. I received kudos from both Farmers' management and the consulting firm. All along, I was told by the consulting firm that I was "on track" to being offered a permanent job with Farmers at the end of my six months.

My performance was stellar. My manager at Farmers stated much the same thing, several times avowing that he intended to make me a permanent employee. I worked really hard, giving everything I had to the job. I received nothing but praise for my work, both in writing and verbally, from both management and my coworkers.

Coworkers kept reiterating what management had been saying all along: I could expect an offer. I even bought some new clothes I felt would fit in better with the Farmers culture than the clothes I wore at the Government Agency. Then, disaster. About two weeks ago, one month before the end of my six month term, the consulting company told me I could not expect an offer because there was a "hiring freeze." Yeah, right.

a quick google of "scam" and "contract to hire" brings up a lot of information about "hiring freezes." Like the sucker I am, I was played. However, Farmers was extending my contract by another six months!!!! yahoo!!! This made me feel great!

I had been quite a success!!!! I asked the consulting company if this was the kind of "hiring freeze" that would resolve itself. The consulting company said no, it wasn't. Hmmm....this sounds kind of fishy.

A hiring freeze that won't resolve itself? By the way, Farmers is no nirvana. I cannot recommend working for them, especially now. Either the current set of employees are just burned out, or just like to treat contracts as if they are second-class citizens, but the environment is worse than what I found at the Government.

The person I was supposed to be back up to was relatively good about training me, but others at Farmers were not as helpful. One person I was supposed to be working with even refused to talk to me, resulting in disaster for the project. My manager said that he had chewed the guy out on more than one occasion for refusing to help others, but there was no change in his behavior. This actually is quite common.

Quite probably, contractors are second class citizens, and the Farmers employees think it a waste of time help. (Which it is.) I wish I'd never taken the C2H job. It was a horrible mistake. I feel like a total failure.

In the back of my mind, I will always wonder what I did to make Farmers ultimately reject me as a permanent employee. Or, as is my other thought, the C2H was just a scam, the odds were slim to none for getting hired, as evidenced by the number of contractors working for Farmers who have only been there for one to two years; they were C2H, and they are simply dangling as perpetual temps. Both the consulting firm and Farmers kept telling me that I would get hired, then nothing. I can see what the consulting firm gets out of the situation, a stream of temps for which they get paid buko bucks, but I don't have a clue as to what Farmers gets, because everyone has to be trained on their very complicated systems, then they are let go or kept on as temps.

Training in IT is a considerable investment. According to my manager, I have a great attitude and great technical skills, but the training is very intensive. Every week for the past five months, the consulting company kept abjuring me to settle down and put down roots. I did buy a car, and now I wish I hadn't because it was expensive, and I may want to go back to D.C., where one doesn't need a car.

I'm glad, however, that I didn't sign a lease. I feel devastated, as if I somehow messed up or offended my manager's manager who made the ultimate decision not to hire me. Maybe I laughed when I thought he was making a joke, maybe he doesn't like my wardrobe, or choice of car. Who knows?

My manager did tell me that "I was his secret weapon...I was doing all the work for the person I was backup to but my manager was not going to give me any credit...the business was going to see that the person I was helping was suddenly producing..." And, indeed, my manager's manager is suddenly praising the person I've been helping. The whole situation is highly discouraging, and I would have expected more from Farmers. At this point, I don't feel as if I can trust them. Their behavior is, at best, extremely unethical.

I guess if I want to live on the West coast, I should change my profession to that of recruiting.

If I did what the consulting company has done, I'd be afraid of getting into trouble and losing my license.

ID
#203332 Review #203332 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Middletown, New York

Still waiting on 'promised' job no phone calls, nothing

Well, I went to a hiring event in Torrance where they went over everyone's resumes and qualifications and all that happy stuff and I called down there 3 WEEKS later and they told me NYK passed me over for a position. My criminal background check is clean. OOOH, it paid 8.25 per hour part time (32 hrs a week). AFAIK, they can hit the *** delete key on my file and get rid of it. Oh, I spent 50 bucks on work boots and 65 bucks on a forklift certificate. Like I have a lot of spare cash on hand to waste on that.

As seriously said, why in the world would you buy equipment for a job before knowing that you had it? And it's not Aerotek's job to get you a job - that's on you. And why are you so upset about a job that you think pays too little??

PLEASE let a reporter know if you are willing to tell your story to a reporter - your identity can remain anonymous. I have received inquiries from 2 reporters about this story - PLEASE come forward so that we can help put a stop to this activity.

You can email co_unemployment@***.com .

You bought equipment for a new job without having an offer letter in hand? Really?

The feeling of entitlement on these boards is astounding...

it's not somebody else's responsibility to find you a job.

Go out there and get one yourself. Employment agencies should augment your job hunt, you shouldn't expect them to bend over backwards for your forklifting skills.

#204514

managers and companies sometimes take time to get feedback on resumes. its unfortunate you did not get the job, but did you maybe think you werent as qualified as you though?

ID
#203168 Review #203168 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Irvine, California
Loss

Aerotek Staffing in VA

About a year ago I was sent to work at Stihl through Aerotek and I was promise I would get hired after 4 months. Guess what it never happened. Stihl used me and then got laid off.So thet left a voice mail on my phone. I recently had a interview with Aerotek and the guy told me I didnt qualify for a job because it was to far for me to drive. REALLY come on! There are a joke trust me! All they do is make money off of you and give you false hope of finding a job!
ID
#202635 Review #202635 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Virginia Beach, Virginia

Aerotek gave me false hope.

About a year ago I was sent to work at Stihl through Aerotek and I was promise I would get hired after 4 months. Guess what it never happened. Stihl used me and then got laid off.So thet left a voice mail on my phone. I recently had a interview with Aerotek and the guy told me I didnt qualify for a job because it was to far for me to drive. REALLY come on! There are a joke trust me! I will never deal with them again they make money off you and then give you false hope!

It's Stihl's decision to hire or not, so you can't blame your temp agency for not 'forcing' their client to hire you. You should be mad at Stihl.

Contact with Aerotek Complaints:

View more comments (1)
ID
#202632 Review #202632 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
aerotek employs people leading them to believe that they are going to be employed at certain companies and eventually be hired at that company. not true an absolute lie. secondly, aerotek staff are very unprofessional. aerotek does a backround check supposedly on...

ID
#196548 Review #196548 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Bedford, Texas
Loss

Aerotek,what a joke!!

After working for a local company through Aerotek for 4 months & around 60 hours a week,got laid off.This was after I was told I wasn't going anywhere and had recieved a good review from the dept. head.After being laid off for like 2 months I went back to work a couple of weeks ago only to be laid off again today!!I was put on 2nd shift this time around only to be lied to about 1st shift openings..Truely a class-less organization and people need to STAY AWAY from this one.The people there will LIE right to your face!!

I took a temp to hire job with Aerotek, I was told I had to work whatever the hours were or not take the job. Turned out to be 70 hours at 12 hour days 6 days a week.

I got injured on the job due to another employees not following procedure, the next day I was put on light duty and Aerotek fired me on the spot. Now a year later I am still fighting their insurance carrier who refuses to allow me to go to a doctor for followup unless I contact the state industrial commission, each request to see a doctor takes at least 6 months to get permission and endless threats from the state.

Bottom line they are bottom feeders, they lie, and will not honor a contract unless you threaten to quit or take it to the client, I have done both and when you do they tow the line. Knowing who and what they are going in is like using lube, it doesn't hurt near as bad when they stick it to you.

Contact with Aerotek Complaints:

It's my cell phone. This might be a chance to warn other people.

I was called by a major aerospace material provider for employment. They sent me to Aerotek to get the ball rolling.

Four months to the date got laid off and told not to go there. Well I had some equipment in a locker there and was told someone from Aerotek was going to collect my stuff. Well I called them a week later.

Not a sole knew anything about my stuff and never sent anyone to get it. Now I'm out nearly $200 of work gear

#204516

Such a joke that they found you a job and got you employment? If you would have went directly to the company you worked at through Aerotek, you still would have been laid off. Get real and really think about the unprofessional one using profanity on a website and giving someone's personal name.

#196562

Aerotek is in the business of using and abusing people. All they want is money and to destroy people. Do not ever trust Aerotek.

#196058

YES, unfortunately, everything stated about AEROTEK's careless and unprofessional ways is TRUE. We, as people seeking employment, must remember that AEROTEK is in the business of MAKING MONEY, period.

They don't really give a *** about us. And if we keep this in our brains, then mabey we can keep from being TOO hurt by their ***... Take what they say with a grain of salt, get what WE need out of them, always do the BEST job we can do, and move on from there... (In other words: do your best, don't beleive ANYTHING they say, and then to *** with'em).

Goodluck to everyone out there. I love you all

File a complaint with the BBB against them. File complaints where you can. What state are you in?

i agree there recruters are rude and very very unprofecional especialy sara humvy anf juan jimenez hes got his head so far up his *** that he'll say anything to you they us people hope that at some point the shoe is on the other foot then they will know how they made other pople feel

A bit hard to count on Aerotek when you are constantly laid off and your shift is changed! Did you apply for unemployment during your layoff periods? Did they give any reason for the layoffs?

I do not know what state you are in but Aerotek is famous for lying and using workers. They seem incapable of honesty or any semblance of ethics.

View more comments (9)
ID
#196380 Review #196380 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Jacksonville, Florida

Scott Barish of Aerotek—Frederick, MD

I met Mr. Barish at a job fair at a local community college. I am an electrician and a very big company was hiring and holding their own job fair the next day. Aerotek was not representing this company. But Mr. Barish said he had an in and would get me an interview. He scheduled a meeting between us during this big company's job fair, and told me not to attend; he would take care of things. A few weeks passed and I had not heard anything. Upon several attempts to contact Mr. Barish he was never available. However, the first time my girlfriend attempted to call him, he answered, then denied all of the "advice" he had given me. He told her his company was no longer representing this other company, that they were now handling their own applications (obvious by the fact that they had held their own job fair!). I missed a golden opportunity to apply with this company. Though I have sent my resume to them several times, I know I am just going into a pile, that they were considering all of the pre-screen applicants who attended that job fair. Who showed interest. I credit Mr. Barish at messing this up for me. And while I have complained to the company, I have not heard back and I know he still works there. It is apparent to me that he saw his own golden opportunity to cash in on a commission by selling me to this company. Only they weren't interested. If you use this job agency, please request that Scott Barish not assist you.

You can email co_unemployment@***.com .

Susan Hostettler is a rabid Aerotek employee. She is paid by Aerotek to write positive reviews of Aerotek and derogatory messages to people who have been treated unethically by Aerotek. Do no trust anything she says!

I find it interesting that you are quick to use this recruiter's full name, but fail to provide your own. Your comment, "he saw his golden opportunity to cash in on a commission by selling me to this company, only they weren't interested" is also telling.

I assume by "they" you mean the third party company. Why weren't they interested? I doubt it has to do with Mr.

Barish's lack of effort, since as you so clearly pointed out: he works on commission. Sounds like you got screened out for whatever reason (lack of professionalism?) and you're looking for someone to blame.

Finally, if a potential employee had their girlfriend/wife/mother call my company to ask about job opportunities on their behalf, they would immediately have their name removed from consideration.

View more comments (2)
ID
#195943 Review #195943 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Los Angeles, California