Brware of this agency.

Hired by Aerotek for a temp-to-perm job at a large financial institution as an administrative assistant. Was on the job for 22 months and there was no permanent job to be had - the position I was in had only been staffed by temps for years prior to my being placed in the position and I was replaced by another temp.

I've worked for a lot of temp agencies over time and this company is totally unethical. Not only do you not get paid holidays or any accrued vacation time based on number of hours worked (read your contract carefully because they will "mislead" you during your interview), but sometimes they neglect to pay you. When they do neglect to pay you, it can take days of phone work trying to reach a person (in my experience, they don't respond to voice mail messages) and sometimes it takes over a week to get your missing pay, but only if you manage to reach a human so keep trying. Even calling their corporate headquarters in MD will only get you voice mail and your calls aren't returned.

Aerotek exploits the unemployed in these hard times by paying slave wages and dodging any contact with you, their employee, once they place you at a job. Most "quality" agencies offer paid holidays and accrued vacation time after you work a certain number of hours. Aerotek will tell you that they do, but if you carefully read the contract, there is no mention of it.

If you decide that a low paying job with no benefits or perks is better than no job (that's the position I was in when hired by Aerotek), be aware up front that you will never receive holiday pay, accrue vacation time or get a raise.

Find another agency, one that respects their employees and treats you with dignity.

Had an Experience with Aerotek?

Comments

Springfield, Illinois, United States #1223970

I don't know what agencies you are working for that pays Holidays, vacations,sick or any of that yes some will give you a BONUS check for working so many hrs but they never call it holiday.Holiday pay is determined by you contract with the place you will be doing the work for if they don't want to pay the extra for the holiday they won't put it in the contract same with over time and all the other nice extra stuff PERMANENT workers get.

If you want the extra stuff get a permanent job.I have worked with 2 well knowing agencies in my state and they don't even pay holiday or vacation.

It's the client company's decision whether to bring you on as a perm.employee and not Aerotek's.

Having said that, Aerotek is not a good agency, in my opinion.

All their recruiters are straight from college hires with no recruiting/staffing experience.They are also one of those agencies that use applicant references as a way to gain new clients.

Oh this is a sad thing going on around here.Try Going for agencies with TrimOrg listing.

It is a sure shot way to finding the right agencies which have a good score and with reviews from candidates and clients.

And it is always wise to research the company before joining them.Good luck!

to Anonymous Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands #1154740

I looked at TrimORg and found it basically has no content.

Has anyone had problems with this company's checks?I have gotten two checks from them that the bank says "no funds are available" and placed a 4 day hold on the check.

Also, my bank told me that they are under investigation for fraudulent checks.I just want my monye I've worked hard for...

Unethical is the Aerotek way!!!!Big joke...this company.

I think the reason professional businesses do business with them is because they will enter into contracts that put their contractors, professional contractors, at risk.

This way Aerotek makes the bank roll - not accountable; the hiring location is also not accountable.Contractors are screwed!!!!

to Urnotgetn Dallas, Texas, United States #1153926

It is a bad thing when these staffing agencies screw with us this way! I would only insist on checking the reviews of such agencies before we join them. TrimOrg for example is an apt place where employees, agencies and Companies can check the scores of these staffing agencies so that those who work and those who pay them will not be fooled in the process.

to Upasana #1154785

There are no reviews at that site for Aerotek.For kicks and giggles, I tried Manpower, Express, insight Global, AppleOne, Adecco, Kelly, Kforce, Randstad, etc.

No reviews!Why is that?

I've worked for temp agencies a few times and currently working for aerotek.If your working temp to perm, move on after 3 months because that is a pretty standard number.

I personally spent six months as a temp before being hired on, that's because I didn't speak up. The fact is aerotek does not hire you the company does.

Im able to get hired on in just 2 months, because I know better now.Im either worth hiring or not and you have to push that fact.

They don't answer their emails or phone calls here in Kansas City either.It took 6 weeks of numerous phone calls and emails before I received a phone call back from Ronnie Lawsons, only after I had left a stern voice mail.

When he did call back he tried over talking me stating he had made a mistake and with him trying to give me advice.

He had also said he didn't know if he wanted to put me in front of his clients after my stern voice mail I had left after getting no response from them after 6 weeks.Total waste of time with clowns as agents.