Louisville, Colorado
1.4K views

I went to Aerotek in Denver to apply for a job several weeks ago. The Aerotek recruiter said I would be perfect for the job opening and sent me to an interview where upon completion of the interview the HR person said I was "hired." Aerotek had me come in to complete the paperwork for the job and then said I would start on a specific date and the recruiter wold call me back with the time to report and where.

The recruiter never called me back! I called the Aerotek recruiter dozens of times but the recruiter never answered her phone nor returned my calls. I went to Aerotek Denver's office twice and was told the recruiter was not in the office at the time though I saw her there myself! She was hiding from me!

The receptionist then told me I had not pay some fees for employment to Aerotek. I told her there are no fees! Aerotek said they do not charge fees!

Aerotek has never returned my calls or told me what is going on.

Is this some employment scam? Is Aerotek trying to extort money from me?

Product or Service Mentioned: Aerotek Recruiter.

Comments

I got a job through aerotek. i had no problems interviewing and i was hired on by one of the companies aerotek represents.

The problems started when i received my first paycheck.

They were paying me less than what i had agreed upon. I brought this to the attention of my recruiter and the company i was working with. Even though they all knew what was going on it took them an entire month to fix my rate issue. At that point i wasn't paid any of the back pay that i had missed out on (it was several hundred dollars).

I should have quit then but i figured it was just an innocent mistake. Now i stopped receiving a paycheck all together, i've called aerotek non-stop and they told me they were working on it. I worked for 3 weeks without pay and then let the company i was contracted with know that i could no longer work there because of nonpayment. (they notified me that all of my hours had been reported to aerotek as usual) It took Aerotek an entire month to "re-cut" one check as they put it, they then blamed all of my pay problems on the US mail.

I'm still waiting on the rest of my pay and now i have an open case with the colorado department of labor. If you want to be paid for the work you do, steer clear of Aerotek.

These guys lure you in, and try to set up with jobs, that no one wants!!!! Once you decline the job they automatically stop responding.

I told her exactly what I was looking for, yet she kept pushing other areas I didn't want. Your better off finding a job by yourself!!!!

FYI, these guys really have no formal training, for the majority of the recruiters, it's their first job out of college. You may have a good experience with some, a bad one with others.

Their biggest fault is their level of consistency. This is a for profit organization, it is in the recruiter's best interest to satisfy their customer, not you. Their recruiter attrition retention rate is extremely high.

On behalf of someone who once represented the Aerotek name, I apologize. Odds are their former recruiters/sales staff despise the company more than you do.

I have been run around by them as well. I am currently contracted by them.

I had a recruiter that took a month plus to give me the date to start. She found me a job a hour + away from me when I had specifically discussed where I could or couldn't work. Was told well just take this job while I find you another one. I had not heard from her for over a month.

Calling, emailing etc. found out she no longer worked there. I never received an email or phone call letting me know or even telling me who my new contact was. Come to find out what she had told me isn't their policy.

Once you are placed you are placed. Finally got my new contact and have tried several times to contact him an have only received one email in the past two months. Now I've been getting paid every Wednesday since June and suddenly my paycheck isn't here this morning. I called to see what was going on.

Was told well you should budget for Fridays.

Um excuse me why don't you admit you guys messed up and we won't get it Til Friday! I find this place very irresponsible!

These guys are gutless clowns. I too was told everything looked great after a first interview, and then a second interview.

Then...just like the rest of these people, couldnt get them on the phone. They dodged my phone calls and ignored my messages. What a joke.

If Joe or Ty from aerotek calls you...RUN the other way. Theyll only waste your time.

@Joe public

Lol gutless clown

PLEASE come forward so that we can help put a stop to this activity. You can email me at co_unemployment@live.com or call 720-270-1468. PLEASE let me know if you are willing to tell your story to a reporter - your identity can remain anonymous.

I've had no problems at all, got great attention from the Aerotek recruiter and was hired. Started last week, and love it.

Almost all of my coworkers started there with Aerotek and were hired by the company after a few months, if they were good employees, that is. And no, I'm not an Aerotek employee, just someone who had the qualifications and interviewing skills to get a job.

Another "new hire" here quit the old job, showed up to start and sent home cuz the client not ready. ?

On hold here still by my contact. What the *** is going on?

if he was a creeper and a stalker they would have called the cops.

PLEASE let a reporter know if you are willing to tell your story to a reporter - your identity can remain anonymous. I have received inquiries from 2 reporters about this story - PLEASE come forward so that we can help put a stop to this activity.

You can email co_unemployment@live.com.

You can email co_unemployment

Actually guys... I believe the original poster.

Want to know why? I'm a highly qualified structural engineer with my P.E. license... RIGHT THIS MINUTE I am sitting waiting for my recruiter at Aerotek to call me back for some sort of explanation.

Just like the original poster I interviewed and received both a phone call AND an email telling me that I'd gotten the Job! And they told me I'd start the last week of January... They kept telling me this all throughout the month of January... up until it came to the date I should have started.

Then suddenly they "couldn't contact the man who hired me." Um. The company that I THOUGHT I had been hired by is a very large and well-respected international Chemical company... I seriously doubt that the man who said I was his "first choice" just can't be bothered to return anyone's calls for an entire month! I have asked repeatedly and can't seem to get anyone to tell me what is really going on...

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm not independently wealthy so when someone tells me that I've gotten a job... I sort of depend on that. I'm just short of desperate now... all because Aerotek cannot manage to be honest with me about the situation.

If the employer changed his mind I completely understand. I'm a professional.

But this is something that I need and deserve to be told. Wish me better luck than original poster....

Poindexter, you are sick and evil to be on here posting. You should not be here insulting people.

Poindexter must be an Aerotek employee.

Ignore Poindexter, this must be an Aerotek employee.