Toledo, Ohio

First off im not even sure how Aerotek got my name and number but I was out of work and thought that I would give them a try. BE WARNED...Know your playing field!

Do not sign anything until you speak to the client that Aerotek is hiring you for! Aerotek found me a job with a company in Adrian Mich. They had asked me what would be the lowest pay that I would except and I told them, They had called me back with a lower pay offer and i had refused. Aerotek had called me back the following day and asked me to go to the client for an interview and that I would be getting the pay that I had requested.

Fortunate for me I had gotten the job with a FANTASTIC company through Aerotek. The only problem was that I didnt ask all of the right questions during my interview such as do you pay double time on Sunday. I had worked a Saturday and 16 hours on a Sunday thinking I was getting double time like everyone else that I was working with....NOT THE CASE, I had signed a paper stating that I would only get time and a half no matter how many hours of OT. After speaking to the Client about my situation they had informed me that they were paying Aerotek $35.

an hour for my services and that I should demand my double time. Of course Aerotek refused and I told them that if they are not going to take care of their employees im going to stop taking care of them...That was the last weekend that I worked and the last of the OT. Did my 90 days and the company hired me.

DO NOT UNDERSELL YOURSELF to these crooks! Hope this review helps

Comments

Actually if the company you worked for pays double time for Sunday and you were not yet on their payroll.

I assume you were still on Aerotek's contract. Legally they do not have to pay you double time for Sunday as Federal law only stipulates that time and a half be paid for any over-time hours.

Besides it worked out for the best you were hired full-time with that client company.

PLEASE come forward so that we can help put a stop to this activity. You can email me at co_unemployment@live.com or call 720-270-1468. PLEASE let me know if you are willing to tell your story to a reporter - your identity can remain anonymous.

I did read the agreement and did sign but that was before I had known that the company that I was working for paid double on Sundays not to mention it was a month prior to me even starting there(sleapt a few dozen times since I had read the contract lol) .

This was my first time ever going through a staffing agency so I wasnt really sure on how much negotionating power I had. All and all it all worked out for the best.

sounds like you should have read the agreement. also sounds like they got you in the door with a great company, crooks quite strong...

did you ask if you were getting double time? my guess is no