Turnaround Time

A friend of my with decades of experience in the high tech field for very well known companies with a killer resume got a call from Aerotek / Chicago about a contract position from someone named Maggie. She explained she took a few years off to take care of her dying mother, was semi-retired but would consider their req for a 6 month contract.

After gathering the names of three references (hiring mangers they can now spam) she was told the recruiters manager at Aerotek wouldn't even submit her to the client because she was out of work for three years. I've known this person for years and I can assure you she has stayed current and there is nothing new she would have to learn. But the hiring manager at the client will never have a chance to find out. I myself have sealed with recruiters and contract agencies who have pulled some whoppers but I have never heard of any thing so ***.

I've relayed this story to all of my friends in high tech. Steer clear of this company which is apparently just a temp agency way out of their league dealing with high tech professionals.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

It is an established fact that Aerotek recruiters are: fresh from college graduates with no experience; required to conduct a minimum of 15 interviews a week whether they have any jobs or not; required to obtain professional references from applicants so they can contact these people to try to drum up business.

Don't take my word for it!

Go to glassdoor and read the employee reviews. Many are very open and honest about how this company operates.