204 views

Aerotek listed a job that fit my resume almost perfectly. They contacted me after seeing my resume online.

However I was pushed toward another job which paid much less, in a field that was completely different from my experience.

AFTER interviewing with that company, Aerotek call me 30 minutes later and asked "if the company offers you a job, can I say yes to them." I hesitantly said yes, knowing I had to actually sign paperwork to make that official.

That evening I went Aerotek's website and saw the other job that fit my experience almost perfectly. It paid substantially more. I asked Aerotek why they weren't suggesting that job for me. Wanting to give my current employer 2 weeks notice, I was told by Aerotek that the company I was interested in "only wants people that can start immediately." I visited that companie's website career page, and it said..."no positions available at this time."

Aerotek's listing was obviously a "bait" job.

I confronted their recruiter, and was told that the job was controlled by another branch of Aerotek, and they didnt have that info. (which would only require Aerotek to make a phone call to the other branch obviously.)

That night I came across pissedcomsumed.com. What he was doing is exactly what I read in others posts.

Thank God for this website. It saved me from leaving my current job for something lesser.

Not to mention what I read here about the trouble getting paychecks.

I recommend avoiding Aerotek.

They do what is best for their interest, not yours. As well as listing jobs that are not real.

Location: Tacoma, Washington

Comments

#1973843

Aerotek has had a few lawsuits for telling an applicant they had the job and to go ahead and give their notice at their current one. Person does so, then the job through Aerotek suddenly disappears, leaving the person unemployed.

Aerotek Reviews