72 views

I got a temp job through Aerotek, at a leading aerospace firm in Florida. Being a licensed engineer with 30 years experience, I only received $18 for the position, but was in desperate need of immediate work so I took the position anyway.

I figured once able to prove my worth, they would pay more, eventually. (The assumption was that Aerotek was making, at most, maybe 25% of the total fee paid by the employer, and they said $18 was the most the firm could pay.) In my first meeting, the hiring manager let slip, that they were paying $52/hr. for my temp engineering-level services. That meant Aerotek was making 65% of the total pay......and I received no paid holidays, medical, anything!

As the recruiter showed up to the employer driving a brand new $80k Lexus, and was only 22 years old, I felt a bit foolish accepting such low pay, and immediately looked elsewhere for work. Lose-lose for everyone, due to their greed, and my stupidity for working with them.

User's recommendation: Try to negotiate a position with HR directly, and avoid this middleman.

Location: Merritt Island, Florida

Comments

#1966927

Hmm... unknown poster only choosing key pieces of information. There's more to this story or its completely fake.

#1973726
@PissedConsumer1966927

I have worked for staffing agencies as an internal recruiter (not this one) and what this person describes is a common scenario! Think before you post!

Aerotek Reviews