Like the old saying says, if it's too good to be true, it probably is. Rewind back to 2014, when I was in the market for a new position.

I was contacted by a rep from Aerotek, spoke at great length in what I was looking for, what Aerotek had to offer, etc. I got to the step of meeting for a face-to-face interview with the recruiter. Long story short, nothing panned out, and I never heard back from that recruiter. Now going into 4 years of sporadic phone calls from over a half dozen "recruiters", I went through the same exact discussions, with the exact same answers, only recently, the recruiters have stepped up their pressure, stating that it was highly important to get in for an interview "or else the position may be filled soon".

no time to think and process everything discussed, you have to drop everything you're in the middle of, regardless of your current employment status, and of course, no guarantee you are the right fit for the position.

I've had several inquiries sent to me from them, stating job titles and descriptions, when in fact a lot of what they are looking for, I am not qualified for, and if they in fact read my resume, they would already know this. The constant spamming, numerous phonecalls with voicemails that sound scripted, I finally gave up even acknowledging this company.

It's truly a shame that businesses like this can get away with preying on anyone looking for honest work, or more specifically, looking to advance their career, when in fact, they're glorified call center agents who merely call to connect, hoping to meet their quota.

I would never recommend this company to anyone, and neither will I ever deal with them. A little time and effort, and you can find leads an opportunities on your own.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aerotek Recruitment.

Preferred solution: Removal of my personal information from their databases.

Comments