Spent 30 minutes on the phone with Brennan Olvaney:

Went well at first and seemed promising.

Had an in-person interview with Robert Willis the following day:

Robert didn't even have the correct resume in front of him when he interviewed me. This wouldn't have been a big deal if things had gone a little different but that wasn't the case. Everything seemed fine until after the interview was over and I e-mailed Robert my past supervisors' contact information as he requested.

Repeated attempts to contact both Robert and Brennan over the next couple of days went unresponsive. I finally received a phone call from Robert saying that the reason they could not move forward with me as a candidate was that I gave "inconsistent answers" during both interviews and the specific example he gave was inconsequential by my estimations. He also said that they couldn't move forward because I told them I had the possibility of another interview with a different staffing agency for a different position that was offering more money and he said that it would be irresponsible to present me to their client since the other position paid more money (huh?).

Robert isn't unprofessional but he isn't seasoned. He made lots of factual mistakes when talking to me about things he and I previously discussed. He simply did not take good notes upon our first meeting. Also, when he finally called me back, he only introduced himself as 'Robert'. How the *** am I supposed to know who you are if you're only introducing yourself as 'Robert'?

Two young and ambitious guys who have a lot to learn about how to treat, talk to, and foster relationships with people who are seeking employment.

Comments

Sounds like dumb & dumber playing at being recruiters! I would avoid them like they had the bubonic plague.

Don't share job search information with other agencies. They do not need to know what other interviews or job offers you have in the works.

Aerotek is, in my opinion, a bottom feeder agency.

They hire young kids, fresh from college, with no professional experience. To me, that is a recipe for disaster.