1.2
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

I should be thankful. Really, I should, but this company has absolutely no compulsion about throwing a needy person away like a bag of rotten tangerines. Let me tell you what happened.

I was supposed to start work on July 23, 2018 for a client in Chino. My mother passed out and went to the hospital on July 4 and seemed like she was going to make a full recovery on July 17. unfortunately, the edema in her hands caused them to swell up badly and on Friday, just two and a half days before I was to start work, my mother suffered a fatal heart attack and I was told to say goodbye to her at 8 p.m. on Friday.

I told the people at my work that I was in bereavement, I told an Aerotek representative and one of the people that worked for the company I was with. Well, guess what? According to them you can't have someone die within 90 days of you starting work. They literally think you can control when a relative of yours dies!

Because of me having extreme difficulty focusing, I was unable to hold the job and let go after two days. I begged and pleaded but both Aerotek and the client seemed to think I could just shelve all of my sorrow and be able to prove myself, even though I talked to at least 25 people and ALL of them said they would not have been able to start a job right afterwards.

Why did I take the job? Because I had been checking in every week for 4 months continuously. If I said I couldn't start, I would be out of work until probably October or November at the earliest and I would have been homeless completely.

Aerotek does not understand in any way, shape or form how a person can honestly have a personal issue that takes precedence and certainly a little leeway could have gone a long way in getting me back on my feet.

Oh yeah, of the things that were quoted, half of them I didn't do.

Reason of review: Work Experience or Job Application.

Preferred solution: Get me another office job in the Inland Empire in a timely manner.

I liked: Clean office and great field office support group, Fairly agreeable staff.

I didn't like: Stressful environment, Laziness, Unprofessionalism, No compassion, Uncaring.

Comments

You aren't the client company's employee. They don't know you or care.

Aerotek has to do what client requests, i.e. get this opening filled NOW.

TriangularEmperorTamarin
to Anonymous #1533846

A little compassion goes a long way during a time of loss.

to TriangularEmperorTamarin #1539251

Of course. But you aren't going to get it from a temp agency. You are just another warm body to them.