This is a 2 part (I should have learned the first time) They will go behind your back to pull personal references with out your permission. The references were all favorable but what if they weren't! Then what?

Just got off the phone no more than 19 minutes ago for a lead design job and I get this:

Hi Merrill,

I apologize for your bad experience with past recruiters. I actually spoke with your recruiter about the position in Corona. I am not sure if there was a miscommunication or lack thereof, but he let me know based off of what your interests are in traffic controls, the position might not have aligned very well with what you were looking for.

I really didn’t get the chance to talk with you about job opportunities. You sounded very upset over the phone and to be honest I could not read as to whether or not you wanted to work with us again.

If you do, I wanted to know how you would feel about a lead drafting role for a utilities group out in Upland.

I would like to gage your interest before typing up an entire job description.

I'm not Merrill and why is she offering up the same job that we just spoke about 19 minutes ago??

Comments