Laredo, Texas

On January 9, 2013, Aerotek had a job fair at Texas Workforce Solutions in Laredo, Texas. First of all, the Recruiters showed up to site 20 minutes late. While being interviewed by a young Recruiter, I was asked to talk about myself. I told him I had oilfield service experience since 70's & 80's. I informed him that I was unemployed & looking for a job in the oilfield. All of a sudden, he stated I would not make it because of the too many hours involved in the job. He also mentioned he felt I could get hurt easily and that I was a potential liability to the company. I guess this young recruiter saw me as an old man & out of shape just because I did not work in the last two years. How can he judge my character, stamina & my working abilities, when he doesn't even know me. I told him I was up for the challenge, not afraid of long hours and that I was ready to WORK. He abruptly ended my interview with a plain NO!. I'll bet you that I have more endurance than he and all the potential candidates present today. I feel I was DISCRIMINATED based on my age & my physical abilities. Recruiters are supposed to be positive minded individuals willing to find you a job, not discourage looking for a job.

I hope to receive an apology and to be re-considered for another interview in your next recruitment to TWC. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please feel free to call me at (956) 284-9039.

Sincerely,

Mr. Eric J. Hale

155 Horizon Loop

Laredo, TX 78046

Product or Service Mentioned: Aerotek Recruitment.

Comments