I contacted them about a posted position and scheduled an interview with a recruiter. The initial phone conversation was pleasant, but when I arrived to interview I discovered that there were no actual current openings.

The recruiter clearly hadn't read my resume, based on his line of questioning. I was seeking an engineering position, and he asked a number of questions such as " how are you with hand tools?" I had to explain to him the various engineering titles, and expectations for those positions. Then came the question about compensation, and I quoted the salaries I pulled off the US. department of labor's website adjusted by location, and he basically told me I was misinformed and told me where he believed the industry stood on that, being less than half what I considered fair.

Then the recruiter left to check with his boss on any upcoming openings, and left me sitting in the conference room for an hour. I finally left the conference room when he decided to break away from his gossiping with coworkers. I explained my time is too valuable.

I have better ways to be spending it. Every month or so, they reach out to see if i'm still in the market.

Review about: Aerotek Recruiter.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Bathrooms were clean.

I didn't like: Unprofessionalism.

Comments