Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

With this company convincing me I have a few great job opportunities for me, the recruiter had spoken on the phone with me going over all the information he needed to know to assist me in applying for these positions. He then had me meet him in his office in Chicago with knowing my general area and with four hours of commuting time back and fourth (that he was well aware of), he spent 20 minutes meeting with me going over the same information we spoke about on the phone.

While meeting with him he insisted I sent information via email him asap. I could not send him this information without him sending me information first. I emailed him to remind him of what I needed to get to him and he responded with "I forgot I had to send this information to you" late that night when it was made clear how he needed that information the same day.

The experience was overall a waste of time and I was not a priority when given the impression that I was (and any client should be). Do not waste your time with a company that will not put forth the effort that you can do alone with finding a job.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aerotek Recruiter.

Comments

Aerotek recruiters are required to have a certain number of in office interviews with applicants, per week. It doesn't matter if they have a position for them or not, they have to make that interview quota.

From that face to face interview, they are required to get professional references, inclusive of names, job titles and direct phone numbers, to your past and present employers. Also, they are suppose to try and find out where you have currently been interviewing/applying. With this information, they then call these employers, not to get references on you, but rather to try to set an appointment to try to get new accounts. If they were able to find out where you are currently interviewing, they will contact those companies and try to set interviews for Aerotek applicants for the position you've interviewed/applied for!

Illegal? No.

Unethical and scummy? YOU BET!